Twitter For Android - Now on Tablets & New features on Twitter for Windows Phone 3.0
Twitter is now available on Android Tablets and Windows Phone 3.0! The mobile app is now optimized for Android tablets that gives the user the ultimate Twitter experience with its unique Multi-screen view and widget feature. On Windows Phone 3.0, you get Tweets and update on your lock screen, quick access to search and many more.
Starting today, Twitter for Android Tablets is on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-2014 Edition, and soon it will be available on other Samsung tablets as well.
Twitter for Android Tablets Features:
- Multi-screen view. This new view lets you run Twitter and another app at the same time. Now, you can read Tweets while browsing the web, or check out accounts while you stream music and videos.
- Twitter widget. They're introducing a widget that brings Twitter content directly to your tablet. The new Twitter widget lets you engage with Tweets, photos, and videos while also delivering country specific breaking news, music, sports and photos. By logging in, you’ll see a more personalized experience where you can interact by favoriting or retweeting right from the widget.
- Illustrate your Tweets. You can now use Twitter as your canvas to create and tweet colorful illustrations, or you can also draw directly on photos from your photo gallery and share them. The ability to doodle also works with the S-Pen, which is available on the Galaxy Note 10.1-2014 Edition.
- Get Tweets on your lock screen: Photos and Tweets can now be the backdrop of your Window’s Phone lock screen. To get tweets on your lock screen, add a favorite Twitter account to the “configure lock screen” field in the Twitter app settings and see the latest Tweet at the top of the screen.
- More languages: Select from 54 supported languages in the app settings and get Tweets translated in your timeline, powered by Bing.
- Quick access to search: Easily access your favorite topics, by pinning key word searches to your homescreen.
- Mobile notifications: Never miss a Tweet from your favorite accounts with mobile notifications. To activate notifications, go to the Twitter app settings and select your account under “accounts + notifications”. Tap the “favorited” field and choose from “people you follow” or “anyone”.
- Improvements to search & Discover: Find more relevant information when you browse through Discover or search. Now, search results will show photos, videos, and accounts, along with Tweets, to help you find the what is most interesting to you. Discover will also show recommended accounts to follow, trending topics, and activity happening in your network.
- Introducing dark theme: Experience Twitter through either a light or dark theme to fit your mood, lighting or preference.