Multiply the Philippines’ and Southeast Asia’s largest online shopping site is searching for the best original products, ideas and concepts among its merchants in the Philippines. Three local Multiply merchants with outstanding creativity and originality will be given the Multiply Origination Awards, a recognition of excellence and creativity among the growing community of entrepreneurs who have found new and exciting ways to market their products in the e-commerce space.
“This is the first and only search campaign in the Philippines that recognizes original ideas in the e-commerce space,” said Multiply Philippines country manager Jack Madrid. “Multiply has been the home of Filipino online entrepreneurs, and witness to the inventiveness and ingenuity of Filipino internet merchants, and our platform has been host to some of the most original products we have ever seen; it is only appropriate that we recognize our talented and creative Merchants,” he continued. Multiply has been a long-standing supporter of the Filipino entrepreneur by providing a level playing field, where any original business idea can thrive and find success alongside established brands. As the thought leader in Philippine e-commerce, the Origination Awards is a testament to Multiply’s commitment to provide continuous support and inspiration to creative and original Filipino entrepreneurs.
There will be three categories for the competition: Best Fashion-Forward Idea, Best Gourmand Idea and Best Mommy Management Idea. Ten finalists from each category will be shortlisted among nominations. In the last leg of the Awards, the winners of the Origination Awards for each category shall be determined by a panel of judges consisting of authorities in the world of entrepreneurship and e-commerce, combined with the results of online public voting.
Multiply started out as a social networking site in 2004 where people shared their photos, videos and blog entries. In 2007, Philippine entrepreneurs saw the opportunity to promote their businesses and sell using the Multiply platform, paving the way for what we now know as the new Multiply Marketplace.
In 2011, Multiply adopted a new platform designed to give entrepreneurs access to real e-commerce tools and solutions. Among these are:
(1) The Product Listing, which allows merchants to present their items in a captivating manner and buyers to purchase them most conveniently, providing a better online shopping experience;
(2) A virtual shopping cart that enables customers to buy from several different merchants and then pay in a single transaction;
(3) Multiple payment options such as credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, JCB), PayPal, Mobile Payments (Gcash, Smart Money) and over-the-counter bank payments;
(4) A Stock Room that provides merchants with an easier way to track their operations, including sales, finances and more;
(5) Order summaries, inventory management, and disbursal summary for a more systematized documentation; and
(6) A Buyer Protection Program, which guarantees every purchase made from a merchant with a Trusted Badge.
The three winners of the Multiply Origination Award will receive an Online Business Package worth P200,000 that would include site enhancements, a customized store front and advertising support to promote their existing online business.
The Origination Awards is open to all active Multiply merchants with Trusted Badges. To learn more about the Multiply Origination Awards, and to nominate products that you think truly deserve to be recognized for their originality and innovation, visit origination. multiply.com. For inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org