During Holy Week or summer vacation we want to travel to different destinations to have fun and relax. But sometimes, traveling becomes a pain when we want to bring almost everything and fit it in our luggage, when they don’t.
At times like this, consider the essential things that you need to bring along. Enjoy trips to the fullest with all the right stuff in your bag, and top it off with the Nokia N9, an amazing all-screen smartphone that gives you the fastest access to the things that matter most to you. Keep in touch with your family and friends, be entertained while on the road, stay updated with travel advisories, capture special moments in high definition photos, and switch between activities with a single swipe.
Want to have a worry-free vacation? Here are tips on how to save space in your bag and pack more efficiently.
1. Be smart – Think about what items you might be duplicating. Instead of bringing along several devices like MP3 player, HD video recorder and digital camera along with different chargers, save space by carrying along one handy device – the Nokia N9. This amazing phone has all these functions and more, not to mention a brilliant camera with 8MP auto-focus Carl Zeiss Optics, with 2x LED flash – better than many digital cameras!
2. Make packing a priority – Don’t be hasty when packing for your vacation. Make a list and check that you have packed the most important items first – like passport and money – before moving onto the non-essentials. Set reminders on your phone to make sure you don’t forget anything important!
3. Share the load – If traveling with a friend or partner, see if there any items you can share like toothpaste and hairdryers. Take only one of each to save more space for your other essentials.
4. Pack your apps – Make sure you pack the best apps on your phone to help save space in your bag. The Nokia Store features all the best apps for travel – like city guides so you don’t need to bring heavy guide books, Nokia Maps so you always know where you’re going, language guides, currency converters, flight trackers and much more!
5. Leave space for souvenirs – If you’ve followed the tips above – like using the city guides on your phone rather than bringing a separate guide book – you’ll have saved some space in your bag for stocking up on souvenirs on the way home!
6. Wear large clothes for traveling – Wear your bulkier clothes to keep the weight of your bag down. If you plan on bringing a jacket, keep it on instead of putting it in your bag. By doing this, you not only save bag space but also stay warm on the plane!
7. Check the weather – Check the weather before you depart using apps like WeatherHere. This free Internet enabled app allows users to see current weather and forecast for the next three days of their current location or a city that you’re about to visit. This is will also help you plan your outfits so that you don’t bring a jacket if it’s going to be sunny all week!
8. Make a list of itineraries – Plan your activities and research about your vacation destination to help you plan the things you need or need not bring. You might want to bring some mosquito anti-repellant lotion if you’re sleeping in the broad outdoors or leave your scuba gear if there’s a rental store nearby.
9. Check hand baggage rules – Call the airline or check online the hand baggage rules and regulations before you go to make sure you’re up to date on their latest liquid allowances and other restrictions because these often change.
Yes you can have a stress-free and travel-light vacation with your handy Nokia N9. The Nokia N9 is available in white, magenta, cyan and black colors.
At Nokia, we are committed to connecting people. We combine advanced technology with personalized services that enable people to stay close to what matters to them. Every day, more than 1.3 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia device – from mobile phones to advanced smartphones and high-performance mobile computers. Today, Nokia is integrating its devices with innovative services through Ovi (www.ovi.com), including music, maps, apps, email and more. Nokia's NAVTEQ is a leader in comprehensive digital mapping and navigation services, while Nokia Siemens Networks provides equipment, services and solutions for communications networks globally.