Nokia launched a global crowdsourcing campaign to challenge people to get creative and compose their own versions of the iconic Nokia Tune. Entries can be heard, voted on and submitted at http://nokiatune.audiodraft.com.
The Nokia Tune originates from the composition ‘Grand Vals’ by Spaniard Francisco Tárrega (1852-1909) and was first introduced as a ringtone in 1994 with the Nokia 2100 series. Since its inception, the Nokia Tune has become one of the world’s most frequently played pieces of music and has been the default melody in hundreds of millions of Nokia handsets. The Nokia Tune is estimated to be heard over one billion times a day.
Get in tune with your inner musician
Nokia, together with AudioDraft, world experts in crowdsourcing audio creation,are looking for a tune that is fresh, expressive, original and creative, yet distinctively Nokia. Entrants are encouraged to experiment with both old and new Nokia Tunes and can also create their own musical parts, sounds and arrangements.The tune should be a maximum of 30 seconds in length and the deadline for submission is October 2, 2011.
The five most voted or 'liked' entries will qualify as finalists. A further five finalists will be selected by the jury who will then ultimately select one winning entry from the ten finalists.The jury comprises some of the most respected names in the audio branding industry including: Kai Bronner, one of the founders of Audio Branding Academy; Julian Treasure, known for his TED talks and author of ‘Sound Business’; and Mark Dewings, head of Brand & Marketing Communications at SoundCloud. Nokia’s own SVP of Design, Marko Ahtisaari, is also on the seven member jury.
The winning tune will be included in select models within the company’s 2012 product portfolio,an estimated 100 million devices. In addition, the winning tune will be made available on Ovi Store and featured in Nokia’s Brand Book. The winner will also be awarded a prize of 10,000 USD.
The five runner-ups will have their versions of the Nokia Tune available in Ovi Store and will be awarded 1000 USD each.
AudioDraft arranges crowdsourced sound design contests that attract thousands of talented sound designers. With AudioDraft, companies have access to a community of motivated and highly skilled designers, ready to compete with their audio work for monetary prizes, acclaim and visibility. AudioDraft was founded by a team of music designers and enthusiasts in the spring of 2010, and the public beta of the service was unveiled in July of the same year. AudioDraft is now out of beta (September 2011) and its customers include international brands, production companies, and game studios. The productions carried out through AudioDraft vary from company audio logos to background music in TV spots. For more information, please visit the company web site at www.audiodraft.com/.
Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them by combining advanced mobile technology with personalized services. More than 1.3 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia, from our most affordable voice-optimized mobile phones to advanced Internet-connected smartphones sold in virtually every market in the world. Through our services, people also enjoy access to maps and navigation on mobile, a rapidly expanding applications store, a growing catalog of digital music, and more. Nokia's NAVTEQ is a leader in comprehensive digital mapping and navigation services, and Nokia Siemens Networks is one of the leading providers of telecommunications infrastructure hardware, software and professional services globally.
What's the Latest?!
- SM City Marilao Unveils New Gaming Hub
- Jamie Foxx Takes on Drug Lord, Corrupt Cops in “Sleepless” Movie
- Experience a Thrilling & Exciting Holiday with ‘Le Grand Cirque’ at Araneta Coliseum
- Thailand's HOP INN Hotel, now in the Philippines
- Top 10 #ManilennialEats at SM City Manila
- Have an Unforgettable Holiday at Club Balai Isabel in Batangas
- Amaia Scapes North Luzon treats guests to soothing ‘acoustic evenings'
- Mariah Carey's 8-Part Docu-Series Premieres Dec6 on E!
- CELLPRIME Unveils HYUNDAI Aero Plus
- Sports Industry Awards Winner for Best Mass Participation - COLOR MANILA to Enter UAE and USA in 2017
- Jing Monis' M BARBERS: Exclusively for the Gentlemen
- 'Enteng Kabisote 10 and The Abangers' Opens Nov30 in Cinemas Nationwide
- A Magical Christmas at Ayala Triangle Gardens
- Every day is family day at Parmigiano Ristorante Pizzeria in Molito, Alabang
- Have a Gastronomic Adventure at Island Cove Hotel and Leisure Park!
- SKIN CENTRAL Opens Its 4th Clinic in SM North EDSA Annex!
- Greenhills Christmas on Display 2016 celebrates Ortigas & Co.’s 85th year
- Jing Monis: A HAIROGRAPHY
- 2016 International Conference on Sport Pedagogy, Health, & Wellness
- The UP Economics Society brings back the most prestigious high-school chorale competition in the Metro, Musikapella!
- "Best of Aliw in Concert" Features Leah Salonga, Jed Madela, Dulce, Gerphil Flores, Rico J. Puno, Imelda Papin & More!
- Kos Greek Ouzeri in UP Town Center: Authentic Greek Cuisine
- Festa del Vino the Most Italianesque Wine Festival to Launch at McKinley Hill
- BAGA Manila, Now Grilling at AMAIA STEPS Bicutan 1
- Torayvino: A Must in Every Home
- IsraAID Philippines: From Crisis Management to Sustainable Living
- Fun Finds and Huge Discounts from Groupon Goods
- 40th National Milo Marathon: Energizing Champions, Inspiring Millions!
- Samsung enters the mobile PC category with the first 2-in-1 tablet – the new Samsung Galaxy TabPro S
- Pierce Brosnan’s Tech Thriller “I.T.” Cast Includes Taylor Swift’s Younger Brother
- 'DYSON Pure Cool Link' Captures 99.95% of Ultrafine Allergens, Odours & Pollutants
Advocacy Airlines Arts Automotive Awards Beach Resorts Blogging Books Business and Finance Celebrities Concert Contest Culture and the Arts DepEd Drinks Education Entertainment Entrepreneur Environment Event Family Fashion Fitness Health Homes Hotels Kids Lifestyle Magazines Manila Massage Music Nature News Pageant Party Personal Philippines Photography Promos Run Schools Shopping SM Malls Sports Technology Television Theater Toys Videos Wellness
- Catch the '5th Roots Music Festival' at UP Fair Saturday
- NOVUHAIR, is it Effective?!
- Shopee Celebrates Chinese New Year with a Bang!
- Kanye West and adidas announce the YEEZY BOOST 350 core black/red for infants and adults
- Sister Act The Broadway Musical to be staged in Manila
- TOY KINGDOM’S Amazing Summer Splash
- See New York in slow motion this February with James Nares’ STREET
- Online Entrepreneurs share their success on Shopee
- The Final Harry Potter and Voldemort Face-Off
- Achieve that perfect artsy selfie with the VIVO V5 Plus’ bokeh effect