This Storm Survival Kit will help you survive an emergency situation.
The rainy season has set on us, and more often than not, evening news forecasts predict stormy weather ahead. And it’s always best to be prepared so that we will be able to manage the danger and the inconvenience brought about by heavy rains, storms, and floods.
As in all things, it’s best to be prepared. And ACE Hardware, the Helpful Place, shares with us some tips on how to be typhoon ready and safe.
• Prepare a survival kit for your – and your family’s – safety. You can include hard hats to shield you from falling objects, working gloves that will keep your hands safe, and dust masks to filter the air. Rubber boots and rain suits will also keep you safe and dry.
• Ropes and multi function tools will keep you safe during an emergency.
• Light your way with portable flashlights and lamps. Constantly keep these charged in case of emergencies.
• Don’t let power failure let you down. Keep informed of the conditions outside with lanterns that double up as radios, mini gas stoves for cooking, water containers to help you stock up on clean, safe water.
• Keep all your safety supplies organized in a stackable plastic container for easy access.
And while shopping for your family’s storm survival supplies at ACE Hardware stores, check out its Great Savings Only This July promotion, which is ongoing until July 31, 2011. You can avail of great savings and discounts on CFL bulbs, rechargeable lamps and lanterns, as well as circuit breakers and transformers. Also earn rewards points when you use your SM Advantage, Prestige, and BDO Rewards cards.
ACE Hardware is located at SM City Baliwag near Banco De Oro.