Jaya wrote, "JayL much love to you." err. Actually I can't read it :D
BLOG-PH.com was present at the album launch of Jaya's All Souled Out! This is Jaya's first album at Universal Records and definitely she goes back to basics in her latest album. The album gathers some of the most romantic ditties interpreted in a very honest, heartfelt, and soulful manner.
Jaya joins the elite roster of the label including Gary Valenciano, Jose Mari Chan, Christian Bautista, Jed Madela, Nina, Billy Crawford and fellow Party Pilipinas artists JayR, Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid.
According to her, this move to join a new label is a signal of rebirth. “Being part of a powerhouse roster of artists has its own set of pressures, but Universal has been very supportive and professional. I am very impressed,” shares Jaya. “They (Universal) really know what direction to take for the album.”
“You’ll hear a different Jaya here in All Souled Out,” declares Jaya. “You will hear songs interpreted with full of soul and devoid of screams.” The album features twelve smooth soul classics including Patti Austin’s Any Other Fool, Dianne Reeves’ Land of the Loving, Roberta Flack’s Making Love, Gladys Knight’s Neither One of Us, Aretha Franklin’s You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman, among others.
“The album highlights the sound of Jaya when she was introduced in the business,” says Universal Records’ General Manager Kathleen Dy-Go. “So, you can say that this album shows the more vulnerable side of Jaya.”
Of course before I hit the bed, I played this album and listens to it for the first time. Definitely, this is Jaya's best. Almost no birit, just easy listening tracks, but every single song she performed is felt from the heart. The perfect album that could set the mood, especially when you are with your special someone ;)
I've heard that Jaya’s All Souled Out is actually the counterpart of JayR’s Soul In Love, which was actually awarded Quadruple Platinum Award. Of course, I didn't let the chance to pass, I asked Jaya to signed the album :)
1. Any Other Fool (Originally sung by Patti Austin)
2. Making Love (Originally sung by Roberta Flack)
3. Land Of The Loving (Originally sung by Dianne Reeves)
4. Just The Two Of Us (Originally sung by Bill Withers)
5. Too Shy To Say (Originally sung by Stevie Wonder)
6. Neither One Of Us (Originally sung by Gladys Knight & The Pips)
7. At Your Best (You Are Love) (Originally sung by The Isley Brothers)
8. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay (Originally sung by Otis Redding)
9. Let’s Stay Together (Originally sung by Al Green)
10. If You Don’t Know Me By Now (Originally sung by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes)
11. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Originally sung by Aretha Franklin)
12. I Keep Forgettin’ (Originally sung by Michael McDonald)