Guidelines and Mechanics
1. The contest is open to all 16-30 year old residents of municipalities within the Meralco franchise area.
2. Meralco employees, families and relatives of Meralco employees up to 4th consanguinity may not join the contest.
3. Entrant must be the original photographer of the entry. He/she may not submit an entry on behalf of someone else.
4. A person is allowed to submit one entry only.
5. The entry must reflect the theme which is Meralco’s tagline “may liwanag ang buhay.”
6. Entries cannot contain any nudity, obscenity, defamatory statements, or other offensive or objectionable content.
7. The photo must be taken using a DIGITAL camera.
8. Entries must be at least 640 by 480 pixels in JPEG format.
9. Entrant may not add text nor sign the photograph.
10. The photograph must not have time and/or date stamps.
11. Rectangular cropping, rotation and resizing of image are allowed. Other forms of editing are not allowed.
12. All entries must not have been published elsewhere at any time. Meralco will not be held liable in case other parties claim rights to the photo.
13. Entrant must be a Facebook fan of TechKNOWlogy. Photos must be submitted by posting it on TechKNOWlogy’s wall with the note “May liwanag ang buhay: _ title of entry__”
14. Submission of entries starts on November 22, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on February 28, 2011.
1st Prize: P10,000
2nd Prize: P8,000
3rd Prize: P5,000
16. Photos will be judged by the public (15%) and a panel of judges (85%).
17. Public voting will be done through Facebook.
18. Criteria for judging (for the Judges)
a. Relevance to the theme – 30%
b. Composition – 10%
c. Creativity – 30%
d. Technical quality – 15%
e. Overall Impression – 15%
19. Winners will be announced on Facebook on March 2011.
20. The best 10 photos will be displayed in an exhibit.
21. All submitted photos will become property of Meralco.